When an emergency occurs
Are we ever ready for Emergency ac repair? Can you think of anything worse than have guests arriving soon for a summer gathering, then realize the AC isn’t working? Well, an unexpected roof leak that requires emergency roof repair would top that, but neither one of those scenarios is something any homeowner wants to experience.
Heater and ac service are one of the things that every homeowner doesn’t think about needing as an emergency, but when we need it, we’re glad to know that 24/7 ac repair is available. Before you’re in a panic situation, take the time to Google “What Emergency commercial ac repair near me?” and have that contractor interviewed and number on hand for quick contact. By getting this contact in line before you need it, you can also find out how much is emergency ac repair so that you don’t have sticker shock with the hot sweat.
Today, our topic is on Emergency ac repair, and what comes with that when it does happen.
Air conditioning repair
An air conditioner has several components and moving parts, the perfect combination for problems. There are some areas of emergency ac repair that get have more service over others though, meaning that they are usually worked more than the other parts. What are the most common service calls findings?
- The Compressor – this a complex and important part of your air conditioning is the compressor. The main job of this part is to pressurize the refrigerant, allowing heat to be released. The compressor has a motor of its own and a lot of electrical wiring. This is a hard-working part of your AC, which means it is fairly likely to have problems develop. Typical emergency ac repair problems of the compressor are electrical or motor. Because refrigerant is what runs the compressor, it can only be serviced by a certified technician.
- The Fan – there are two fans inside an air conditioner: the blower or evaporator fan, and the condenser fan, that is found in the outdoor part of the AC unit. The condenser fan job is to remove the heat from the system as the indoor blower presses cool air into the ductwork. The common emergency ac repair problems that HVAC unit can develop are the belts, blades, or motor problems.
- The Refrigerant – your air conditioner unit needs refrigerant in order to cool. A common emergency ac repair call is refrigerant has leaked out. The question is – where? This is why a professional AC repair technician is needed. They have the equipment, materials, and processes to help them find the leak and repair it when they do. If you run your ac unit with low, or worse, no refrigerant, it can damage other components in your system.
Emergency air conditioner
When the weather is hot outside and the air conditioner isn’t keeping up with cooling the house, that is an emergency at hand. What really constitutes as an emergency ac repair though in the world of AC technicians?
You need to call your trusted AC repair contractor immediately if you notice any of the following issues with your air conditioning system:
- Strange Noises: An air conditioner should be rather quiet unless it wasn’t installed properly, or it is an older unit. However, if you hear an unusual screeching, this can be an indication of something wrong. It could be nothing more than the fan belt came loose or it could be something as expensive as the compressor going out. Either way, it is an emergency ac repair because the longer it is allowed to run, the more damage it can cause.
- Air Not Flowing: If your air conditioner unit kicks on but you aren’t feeling any air, or if you never hear it kick on at all, this may indicate a major failure in the system. There is a host of possible problems and the experience of an AC technician is needed to determine the problem, which is an emergency ac repair.
- Unusual Odors: If your air conditioning unit has a burning smell, it is likely to be an electrical problem, which could be a damaged component inside the unit that could actually be on fire. When an AC system has an odor like that, it is definitely an emergency ac repair.
Emergency HVAC near me
When you need to make that emergency ac repair phone call, but you haven’t found a company to have on file, or they aren’t available, a search on the internet is one of the fastest ways to find an HVAC service company. You can also check with your neighbors, since they are right there, or call family and friends for recommendations. If you do have a relationship with an AC company and they aren’t available for your AC emergency repair, you can ask for recommendations.
24-hour emergency ac repair near me
The same process as we discussed above for finding emergency HVAC near you will work for 24-hour AC emergency repair too, with one exception. Not all companies offer 24/7/365 emergency service. Offering emergency service may only be for weekdays but not evenings, weekends and certainly not holidays.
It is best, as we have said, to take the time to connect a relationship with an AC repair company before you have an emergency. You can have a number on hand, you can have an idea of costs and a name ahead of time will make an emergency less panic.
What Can You Expect With A 24-hour ac repair Call?
The technician should first address the problem created the need for an ac emergency repair call and then examine that particular area. After that, the following steps should take place:
- Clean and Checkup: They will turn the unit on, provided it turns on, and confirm if the water is dripping as it should. They then check for any pipes or tubes leaking inside the unit as they allow the system to drain. They remove debris and dirt and do general but thorough cleaning.
- Cleaning Fin and Air Filter: Air conditioners collect a lot of debris and dirt as it operates. The technician will include the fin and air filter as part of the cleaning process to make sure there is nothing clogging the system, including removing any mold.
- Cleaning AC Evaporator and Condenser Fan: The technician will clean dust and mold from the condenser and evaporator fan, both inside and outside components.
- Check Coolant Level: Checking the coolant level is done next, which often fixes many AC emergency repairs.
- Clean AC Evaporator and Condenser Coil: During the service call, the air conditioning tech will clean the condenser and evaporator coil and all key components.
- Inspect Overall System: Once the technician has addressed all the points and the customer’s primary concern, they will do an overall inspection to make sure they have touched every part and address any concerns.
Getting emergency AC repair is simple with Top Gun Heating And Air, LLC. Call us today at (682) 214-0431 for all of your ac needs in North Richland Hills, TX!